1. E-mail the LOA Accommodations team at HMHRTW@hmhn.org or fax 1-848-245-8453 to notify them of your request to return to work, the date you wish to return, and your contact phone number.
2. Submit your military discharge documentation to the LOA Accommodations team to confirm the length and character of your military service.
3. Depending on the length of your absence, you will be reinstated in your prior or similar position and/or the position you would have obtained had it not been for the military service, in accordance with law.* Please see the full Leaves of Absence policy on PolicyStat.
Please note: Upon return from a military leave, your base salary will be adjusted to reflect any increases you would have received had you remained on the job.
4. The LOA Accommodations team will update your status in MyWay-PeopleSoft and confirm your return to work date with your leader.
5. Call your leader to coordinate your return to work.
* Upon returning from a military leave, a team member is not entitled to reinstatement if any of the following conditions exist: 1) The team member failed to apply for re-employment in a timely manner; 2) The team member did not receive an honorable discharge from military service; 3) HMH’s circumstances have so changed as to make reemployment impossible or unreasonable.