Hackensack Meridian Health team members are eligible to take leave due to school closures during a pandemic or other health emergency. In most cases, team members must have completed at least one year of service with Hackensack Meridian Health, worked at least 1,000 hours during the preceding 12-month period, and declared intent to return to work after the leave. Team members are eligible for up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave during a 12- to 24-month period, depending on the interaction between state and federal law and the team member’s individual circumstances. Eligibility for benefits during the leave, length of leave, and other conditions depend upon the circumstances of the leave and other qualifying factors. Please see our Leaves of Absence policy on PolicyStat for a full list of leaves available and corresponding eligibility requirements.
Family Obligation Leave
I need to request a leave of absence due to school closures related to COVID-19. How do I get started?
Call The Hartford at 1-888-924-4155 or log in/create an account at MyBenefits.TheHartford.com to submit your request for a leave.
I am on an approved leave due to school closures related to COVID-19. How will I be paid?
I am returning to work following a leave due to school closures related to COVID-19. What do I need to do?
- Email the LOA Accommodations team at HMHRTW@hmhn.org or fax 1-848-245-8453 to notify them of your return to work date and provide a contact number. The LOA Accommodations team will then update your status in MyWay-PeopleSoft and confirm your return to work date with your leader. Please note: Failure to submit this information to the LOA Accommodations team as far in advance of your planned return as possible could result in a delay in pay and system access.
- Call The Hartford at 1-888-924-4155 or log in/create an account at MyBenefits.TheHartford.com to report your return to work date.
- Call your leader to coordinate your return to work.
Leaves of Absence
LOA Accommodations Team
- Email or fax at 1-848-245-8453 to process your return to work
Team Member Service Center
- Open an HR inquiry via the Team Member Service Center tile in MyWay.